STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE!
based on a recipe at goneraw.com
The pinch of cayenne in the crust adds nice depth….
2 C almonds, soaked
1 C dates, (or less, to taste)
2 T agave syrup
1 t cinnamon
dash sea salt, (optional)
handful shredded coconut
4 C rhubarb, peeled and chopped to 1″ pieces
1/4 C agave
2 C strawberries, chopped
1/4 C psyllium husk
whole strawberries for garnish
- In a food processor, process ingredients to a coarse mixture which sticks together easily when pressed..
- Sprinkle shredded coconut into pie pan to prevent crust sticking.
- Press crust into pan.
- In a food processor, process rhubarb to a slushy consistency.
- Add agave and continue processing until well mixed..
- Remove rhubarb mix to a large bowl add chopped strawberries and psyllium husk, and mix by hand.
- Spoon filling into crust and chill 6 – 8 hours, or overnight, to allow sweetness to develop. (Pie is tart at first, but, as it sits, the flavors meld, and the sweetness develops.)