WHAT TO DO WITH KOHLRABI LEAVES
You’ve been trying the kohlrabi recipes, but what have you done with the leaves from the kohlrabi??? You haven’t thrown them out, have you?
- Chiffonade the the kohlrabi leaves (roll them to a cigar shape, then chop cross-wise to get thin. ribbons, then, if you like, chop once agan cross-wise to the first chop, to make shorter pieces) Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add other chiffonade (kale, collards, chard, spinach – whatever you have handy)
- Add finely chopped onion, chopped kalamata olives, seasonings (chili powder, or curry powder are good)
- Add 1 T olive oil and 1 T apple cider vinegar
- Massage the mixture with your hand to thoroughly combine and draw the liquid from the leaves.
- OPTIONAL: Add chopped tomatoes, and/or chopped avocado, and toss.
- Allow to marinate for 30 mins. to 8 hrs. (or more)
Will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.