Yesterday morning, I had plans to go out with a friend to see the Union Square Holiday Bazaar at 10am. I got up at 5am, did some more cleaning of the kitchen, and then I went to get ready to go out. When I picked up my phone, which was recharging, I found a message which seemed contrived, so I called her. Her excuse was even more contrived, so I figured out that she did not want to go but felt she needed a big excuse (sorry – her excuse was not so big – I’ve been through that, and I know it takes only about 20 mins).
Then, I decided to make some cranberry juice. I hauled out my Champion and proceeded to juice 3C of cranberries (it only gives you about 3/4 C of cranberry juice). One sip of the cranberry juice was too tart, so I added half-again of apple cider, and got a drinkable potion.
Faced with the the pulp from the cranberries, which was still rather juicy, I decided to see if I could make cranberry sauce. I had another orange, so I threw everything into my Cuisinart, along with a couple of tablespoons of ginger powder, @ a tablespoon of palm sugar, and about a tablespoon of cinnamon. I also added 1/4 C water mixed with 1 cap of New Chapter All Flora probiotics.
I packed as much as I could of the cranberry mix into a 1 qt jar, capped it, and set it in line with all my other ferments. Then I was stuck with about a cup of cranberry sauce left over — I gave some to my room-mate (she liked it), and I ate the rest.
I’m fermenting that jar for 3 or 4 days, so I’ll let you know with the report on everything else on the shelf.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday… we’ll see… maybe Monday?
- MY NEW YEAR’S BLACK-EYED PEAS!
- NEW YEAR’S DAY RECIPE – BLACK-EYED PEAS AND COLLARDS
- WONDERFUL BREAKFAST!
- TWO RECIPE BOOKS I REALLY LIKE RIGHT NOW
- PROGRESS OR PROGRESSION
- HOLIDAY RECIPES!
- SO, OKAY, MORE ON IMPERFECT
- MAIL-ORDER PRODUCE: “Imperfect Foods” and “Misfits”
- MORE COOL THINGS I LEARNED THIS WEEK -I don’t necessarily like smoothies
- BLOG DIRECTORY- Total Blog Directory-Food
- BLOG DIRECTORY-Blog Search Engine
- CALORIE RESTRICTION OPTIMAL NUTRITION-not all raw
- CHAMPION JUICER MANUAL
- EXCALIBUR DEHYDRATOR
- HOLIDAY RECIPES: JEWISH HOLIDAYS
- HOLIDAY RECIPES: Thanksgiving & Christmas
- I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER.COM
- INTRODUCTION TO LIVING FOODS
- IT’S AWESOME TO BE RAWSOME
- LIVING MOM-recipes-inactive since 2010
- NUTRIDIARY online food diary with forums
- PURE JEEVAN
- RAW FOOD EXPLAINED -TC Fry teachings
- RAW FOOD RIGHT NOW-inactive but good archives
- RAW FOODS NEWS MAGAZINE
- RAW FOODS ON A BUDGET
- RAW LIVING FOODS-inactive but good archives
- RAW TIMES
- RAW VOILA -was Hi Rawkus – good recipes
- RECIPES- JUICE: Healthy Juicing
- RECIPES-SUNNY RAW KITCHEN -inactive but good recipes
- RECIPES: DAILY RAW CAFE
- RECIPES: Excalibur Dehydrator Recipes
- RECIPES: Freedom’s Raw Recipes-inactive but good recipes
- RECIPES: From Sad to Raw
- RECIPES: Go Green
- RECIPES: Gone Raw
- RECIPES: HealthFree.com
- RECIPES: Jewish Holidays
- RECIPES: LIVING & RAW FOODS
- RECIPES: Living and Raw Foods
- RECIPES: Living Tree Community
- RECIPES: Loloville – long inactive, good recipes
- RECIPES: Maw in the Raw – inactive, good recipes
- RECIPES: Natural Ways
- RECIPES: RAW TIMES
- RECIPES: Raw Vegan Body Building
- RECIPES: Thanksgiving & Christmas
- RECIPES: THE BARLOWS RAW RECIPES
- SUGAR & ARTIFICIAL SUGARS DANGERS
- SUNNY RAW KITCHEN
- TERA WARNER – was The Raw Divas
- UNCOOKING 101
- VEGETABLE & FRUIT STORAGE & HANDLING TIPS