February 29, 2008 by prettysmartone
Here is a quick collection of some Passover/Holiday recipes I have amassed over the years. (I am still working on others… please check back!) I hope some of them will work for you.
2 beets, peeled and grated
1/2 lg head of cabbage, shredded
3 carrots, peeled and grated
1 C of raisins
1 apple, diced
1/4 C lemon juice
1/4 C oil
1/4 C water
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH COOKIES
4 C butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 C raisins
1 orange, juiced
1/2 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
3 T raw honey
• Process squash in food processor. Remove to a separate bowl..
• In the food processor, process raisins and orange juice.
• Add raisin/orange mixture, nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey to the squash, and mix thoroughly..
• Spoon mixture onto a dehydrator tray with screen.
• Mash each cookie to a 1/2 in. thickness.
• Set the dehydrator at 145 degrees, and dehydrate for one hour.
• Reduce heat to 100 degrees, flip cookies, and continue to dehydrate to desired consistency (10 – 12 hours)
CREAM OF CELERY SOUP
1 bunch celery, chopped
4 C water
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice
1 tomato, sliced
½ – 1 T honey
salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients.
DOUBLE STUFFED TOMATOES
Reminiscent of baked tomatoes.
NOTE: Soak the seeds and sundried tomatoes the day before you want to eat this dish.
4 beefsteak (or other large) tomatoes
3 C sunflower seeds, soaked, drained, and chopped
1 C sundried tomatoes, soaked and drained
1/2 t paprika
handful fresh basil
1 clove garlic
5 black olives, pitted
• Cut off tomato tops and reserve.
• Remove seeds and interior flesh from tomatoes. (Reserve for other recipes)
• Process remaining ingredients to a cream.
• Fill tomatoes with mixture, to overflowing.
• Garnish with basil leaves
• Finish assembly by placing reserved tomato tops
6 lg tomatoes, diced
6 cucumbers, diced
1/2 c scallions, chopped
2 lg carrots, grated
2 or 3 (or more) radishes, finely sliced
4 T olive oil
2 T lemon juice (or vinegar)
1 C parsley, chopped
2 T dill (optional)
2 t celery seed (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
• Mix first five ingredients in a bowl.
• Blend remaining ingredients for dressing.
• Toss salad and dressing.
ASHKENAZI STYLE TSIMMES
1/2 lb. prunes and raisins, pitted and soaked overnight in orange juice
1 lg sweet potato
1/2 lb. carrots
1 sm. butternut squash)
1 sm. turnip
1 sm. sweet apple, cored and chopped (optional)
1/3 C freshly squeezed orange juice
5 dates, pitted and chopped (optional)
1-1/2 t ground cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 t ground ginger, or to taste
• Process sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, parsnip, turnip, squash, and parsnip, through Champion juicer fitted with blank plate (or process finely in a food processor) and set aside.
• Process soaked raisins and prunes to the consistency of a thick sauce, in a food processor to the
• add 1/4 of dates.
• Add cinnamon and ginger to the sauce.
• Mix sauce and vegetables as needed.
• Add chopped apple, and remaining soaked fruit.
• Mix thoroughly.
• Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
2 C shredded coconut
4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1/4 C raw carob powder (optional)
• make the mashed bananas into little balls.
• roll the balls in shredded coconut,
• then in carob powder
1/2 C walnuts
3 med. apples, peeled and chopped
1 t honey, or to taste
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 C grape juice
- In a food processor, process everything to desired consistency.
1 C cashews, soaked overnight
1 C almonds, soaked overnight
1 C pine nuts, soaked overnight
1 sm. carrot
1 C green onion, or chives, finely minced
1 bunch parsley or fresh dill
1/2 C lemon juice
1 clove fresh garlic, or to taste
1 T kelp granules (or to taste) this gives the fishy, salty flavor
- In a Champion juicer, fitted with the blank plate, process soaked nuts, and carrot. (Alternatively, process in a food processor.)
- Combine carrot/nut mixture with lemon juice, kelp, and a water to a wet paté texture.
- Add the onions, parsley, and garlic.
- Adjust seasonings for flavor.
- Form balls or patties, and let stand to develop flavor.
Serve on lettuce leaves with freshly grated
3 C millet, soaked 7 hours (reserve soak water)
1/2 C flax seed, ground
2 C millet soak water (add more water to make up 2 C, if needed)
1/4 C poppy seeds
- In the VitaMix (or blender) process millet sprouts with water.
- Remove to a large bowl and add poppy seeds and ground flax seed. Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour mixture onto teflex sheets placed on dehydrator trays.
- Place dehydrator trays in dehydrator and dehydrate at 105 degrees until slightly moist.
- Remove dehydrator trays and using a knife, lightly score for twelve 3 in. squares (alternatively, use a fork to perforate)
- Return trays to the dehydrator and continue dehydrating at 105 degrees until crisp.
- Refrigerate until serving to avoid crumbling.
RAW VEGAN CHAROSET
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 C walnuts
- 1-2 t ground cinnamon (to taste)
- allspice, to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- 1-2 t agave nectar, or to taste
- ½ C grape juice (or wine if you like)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- In a food processor, process walnuts to your desired consistency (chunky or smooth)
- Add all other ingredients and process to your desired consistency.