Strawberry Rhubarb Shake
based on a recipe found at goneraw.com
1 lg stalk of rhubarb (or 3 small), chopped
1 C strawberries (fresh or frozen)
handful of macadamias or cashews
dash of cinnamon
agave to taste
- Place all ingredients in the VitaMix.
- Add water to cover
- Process to a smooth consistency
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE!
based on a recipe at goneraw.com
The pinch of cayenne in the crust adds nice depth….
2 C almonds, soaked
1 C dates, (or less, to taste)
2 T agave syrup
1 t cinnamon
dash sea salt, (optional)
handful shredded coconut
4 C rhubarb, peeled and chopped to 1″ pieces
1/4 C agave
2 C strawberries, chopped
1/4 C psyllium husk
whole strawberries for garnish
- In a food processor, process ingredients to a coarse mixture which sticks together easily when pressed..
- Sprinkle shredded coconut into pie pan to prevent crust sticking.
- Press crust into pan.
- In a food processor, process rhubarb to a slushy consistency.
- Add agave and continue processing until well mixed..
- Remove rhubarb mix to a large bowl add chopped strawberries and psyllium husk, and mix by hand.
- Spoon filling into crust and chill 6 – 8 hours, or overnight, to allow sweetness to develop. (Pie is tart at first, but, as it sits, the flavors meld, and the sweetness develops.)
I’ve just received LifeFood Recipe Book: Living on Life Force by David and Annie Padden Judd today. I have to say I am liking it more and more, the further I read (okay, not very far yet– I’ve just mostly flipped through it, noticed a few of the nutrition attitudes, and glanced at the recipes…. I’ve been working on upgrading the blog for the past few days…)
As of what I have read, I would highly recommend this book, regardless of what you think you know, or what you believe…. It is a heck of a good read, and it offers worthwhile information. In addition, there are a number of yummy-looking recipes.
I finally bought this book, a year after it was recommended to me by a wonderful man in my raw food training atRaw Soul. This amazing man kept bringing in marvelous books that he had found, and, one day, he brought in some Jubb books. I was moderately intrigued, at the time, but something attracted me the other day, when I was browsing the Internet, and I bought this one.
More interesting books about raw food
Posted in ARCHIVES, MY RAW RECIPES, NUTRITION INFORMATION, POSTS, RAW FOOD EDUCATION, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE, RAW FRUIT RECIPES, RAW POLITICS, RAW SOUPS, RECIPES, Uncategorized
Tagged raw food books, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE, raw food links, raw food politics, raw food recipes, raw nutrition
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CRUMBLE
adapted from a recipe found at http://rediscoverrawfood.blogspot.com/
1 pt. strawberries, sliced
5-6 dates, pitted
1/2 C pecans
1/8 c flaxseed, ground
3 t coconut oil,(optional)
2 T raw agave syrup (optional)
• In a blender, combine strawberries, 2 T coconut oil (optional), agave, a pinch of salt (if used), and a dash of cinnamon (optional), and blend thoroughly.
• In a food processor, for topping mix, combine dates, pecans, flaxseed, 1 T coconut oil (optional), and cinnamon to taste, and process to a crumbly texture.
• Spoon topping mix over strawberry mix.
Posted in DESSERT RECIPES, MY RAW RECIPES, RAW BREAKFAST RECIPES, RAW FRUIT RECIPES
Tagged fruit, fruit crumble, fruit recipes, raw breakfast, raw dessert, RAW FRUIT RECIPES, raw vegan recipes, strawberries, strawberry shortcake
adapted from a recipe found at http://users.chariot.net.au
To make champagne rejuvelac the rejuvelac must be covered with a tight fitting lid during fermentation. In this way, CO2 gas created during fermentation remains in the finished drink, causing bubbles.
1 C whole millet
1 T raisins
• Sprout millet for 24 hours, then rinse and drain well.
• In a mortar, lightly pound the millet with a pestle, to bruise the grains.
• Place the sprouted millet in a large jar.
• Fill the jar no more than 2/3 full with fresh spring water (approx. 4 C)
• Add 1 T raisins.
• Tightly close the jar with an airtight lid.
• Ferment for 2 to 3 days, shaking the jar gently once each day.
Millet is most suitable for making Champagne rejuvelac as it produces a slightly more sour taste than do other grains, providing for a more champagne-like flavor.
Posted in ARCHIVES, BEVERAGES, HOLIDAYS, MY RAW EXPERIENCE, MY RAW RECIPES, NUTRITION INFORMATION, PASSOVER, POSTS, RAW FOOD EDUCATION, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE INFORMATON, RAW FRUIT RECIPES, RECIPES, REJUVELAC
Tagged Ann Wigmore, beverage recipes, BEVERAGES, champagne, fermentation, fermented beverages, health, HOLIDAYS, raw beverage recipes, raw beverages, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE, raw food recipes, raw nutrition, raw vegan champagne, REJUVELAC, sprouted wheat
Hanukkah 2007 starts on December 4th.
If you are of the planning sort, or a worrier, you might want to start thinking now (it’s surprising how fast time passes)
I have some raw recipes which you might find usable at raw Jewish Holiday recipes
Please let me know how you like the recipes.
Posted in ARCHIVES, DESSERT RECIPES, HOLIDAY RECIPES, LEAFY VEGETABLE IDEAS, MY RAW RECIPES, POSTS, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE INFORMATON, RAW FRUIT RECIPES, RECIPE LINKS, RECIPES
Tagged Chanukkah, hanukkah recipes, Jewish Holiday recipes, Jewish Sabbath recipes, passover recipes, Shabbat recipes
1/2 lemon, juiced
4-5 leaves of kale
water to taste
In a blender, process all ingredients well.
Posted in ARCHIVES, BEVERAGES, LEAFY VEGETABLE IDEAS, MY RAW RECIPES, POSTS, RAW FRUIT RECIPES, RECIPES
Tagged apples, BEVERAGES, kale, MY RAW RECIPES, smoothies