adapted from recipe found at http://hi-rawkus.com/
4 C almonds, soaked
1 t Herbs de Provence
2 t sea salt (or your choice of salt)
1 C flax seeds, ground
Process almonds through the Champion juicer, with the blank plate. (Alternatively, you can grind the almonds fine in a food processor, or use the pulp left from making almond milk)
In a food processor, thoroughly mix all ingredients. Pause from time to time to scrape down mixture to blend thoroughly.
Spread mixture to @ 1/4 in. thick on three Paraflex sheets, and score to cracker shapes.
Dehydrate at 125 degrees for one hour, then lower temperature to 100 degrees.
Continue to dehydrate for one to two hours, or until mixture can be turned onto mesh dehydrator sheets.
Turn by placing a mesh sheet over the crackers, and placing a dehydrator try over the mesh sheet. Flip the entire assembly, remove the top dehydrator tray and peel off the teflex sheet.
Return the trays to the dehydrator and dehydrate for six to eight hours, or until crisp.
Remove crisp crackers from the dehydrator, and crack apart along score lines.
Store in an airtight plastic or glass container.
SPICY CORN RAW TORTILLA CHIPS
adapted from a recipe found on livemom.net
2 1/2 C flax seeds
1 C corn kernels
1/2 C sunflower seeds, soaked
2 t sesame seeds
2 T onion, minced
2 t garlic, minced (alt: 1 t garlic powder)
1 t paprika
1 t chili powder
1/2 t cayenne powder
pinch sea salt, or to taste
pinch white pepper
• Combine all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
• Add water as needed
• Taste and adjust seasoning..
• Spread mixture evenly to edges of dehydrator Teflex/Paraflex sheets (covers 3 to 4 trays)
• Score mixture on sheets with a spatula, to make cracker or chips in the size you want.
• Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour. Lower temperature to 110 degrees, and continue dehydrating for 6 hours .
• Remove trays from the dehydrator. Place a dehydrator screen over top of a tray of chips, and, place the plastic tray over it, and then flip. Remove top dehydrator tray, and peel off top Teflex/Paraflex sheet. Return trays to the dehydator.
• Continue dehydrating until chips are crisp.
Posted in ARCHIVES, CRACKERS & CHIPS, MY RAW RECIPES, RAW CRACKERS & CHIPS
Tagged chips, corn chips, raw chips, raw corn chips, raw crackers, RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE, raw food recipes, raw Mexican recipes, raw recipes, raw tortilla chips