2 C shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
1/4 soy sauce (nama shoyu)
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1 C cashews, drained, rinsed
1 jalapeno pepper,
1/4 t sea salt, or to
1/8 – 1/4 C water (as needed to process)
1 med kolrabi, peeled
- Put shiitake, nama shoyu, and olive oil in a bowl and toss until mushrooms are thoroughly coate. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, then squeeze to expel as much of the liquid as possible, and finely chop.
- In the food processor, process cashews, jalapeno, salt, with as much water as needed to achieve a thick, smooth consistency.
- With a mandoline, slice kohlrabi paper thin.
- On one paper-thin slice of kohrabi, place a small dab of the jalapeno cheez on one half.
- On one slice of kohlrabi, place a dab of cheeze
- Top cheeze with a thin line of shiitake.
- Fold kohlrabi slice over the filling and press down to seal.