Last night, I went to a raw food meet-up potluck dinner. It was fantastic! Unlike other raw potlucks I have been to, there was no restriction on what we could bring, nor on what ingredients could be included. Consequently, the fare was quite varied and spectacularly delicious.
I do hope that this particular group will continue to have potluck meet-ups, as all of the people I met there were very interesting, and I would like to get together with them again.
- I took cashew-kale cheeze stuffed tomatoes (okay, I sliced a tomato and smeared the kale/cashew cheeze over the slices). It was very well received.
- There was a chocolate cake (wow! It was marvelous, but I realized that I don’t like sweet and rich that much anymore)
- There were two versions of collard wraps, each with its own special flavor
- The falafal was pretty good, though, if I can get the recipe, I will dehydrate it for a shorter period
- There was also an interesting “sushi” — I went back for secondsThere were also “pumpkin pie”, some commercial kale chips, a salad, and some cookies
It was also very cool to see one very tiny apartment converted so neatly into a spacious room with ample storage.
If you would like to meet other raw foodies in your area, I highly recommend that you look for a meet-up group there. Check out meet-up.com