LAST NIGHT’S SQUASH SOUP
I had a sunshine squash left over, so I peeled and cut it, washed the seeds to dehydrate, and set about to make a soup. I developed the recipe as I went, and, of course, I did not write down anything, so here is the basic idea of the recipe.
I put in
- @ 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- @ 4 C chopped squash
- @ 1 T green Thai curry paste
- @ 1 C cashews, soaked, drained, soak water saved
- @ 1/2 C dehydrated tomatoes, soaked, drained, chopped, soak water saved
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 C sauerkraut
- I added everything to the VitaMix and processed it, adding a little more water to give it a creamy soup texture.
- Because there was so much, I ended up having to divide it in half for final processing.
- To serve, I sprinkled a little tomato powder on top.