CHEESY KALE CHIPS
3 bun. curly leaf kale
1 C raw cashews, soaked 1 – 2 hrs., and drained
1/3 lg orange (or red) bell pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 t onion powder
1/2 t sea salt
1 T chili seasoning, or to taste (optional)
Water to just cover cashews
- Tear kale leaves into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- In a food process all ingredients except kale to a smooth consistency
- Place kale pieces and 1/2 cashew mixture in a large bowl
- Massage cashew mixture into kale pieces, massaging each leaf individually.
- Place kale pieces one by one on covered dehydrator trays, and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 2 hrs
- Remove trays from dehydrator and transfer chips from sheets mesh covered dehydrator trays (easy way: Place a mesh sheet over the dehydrator tray with the chips. Cover the mesh sheet with another dehydrator tray. Flip the assembly and then remove the first dehydrator tray, and the teflex sheet.)
- Dehydrate for 5-6 hours more, until crunchy.
Pingback: 6/17/10 CSA SHARE: What we got « PRETTY SMART RAW FOOD IDEAS
The only problem with kale chips for lunch is that they stick all over your teeth. Be sure to take your toothbrush along, and remember to use it each time you eat kale chips. (I will not take them to parties!)
Pingback: 6/15/10 CSA SHARE: What we got & What I’m going to do with it « PRETTY SMART RAW FOOD IDEAS
Pingback: 10/28/10 CSA SHARE: What they say we will get and what I think I will make | PRETTY SMART RAW FOOD IDEAS