I have just realized that I have never posted my traditional cole slaw recipe, so here it is, together with a nice, traditional mayonnaise recipe.
MY COLE SLAW
1 hd cabbage
1/4 – 1/2 onion, finely chopped
black pepper to taste
cashew mayonnaise, as needed (recipe below)
- Finely slice cabbage or grate in a food processor (my choice).
- Add black pepper to taste
- Mix in mayonnaise until mix is just moist (or to taste)
- Eat immediately, or refrigerate for up to 24 hrs.
1 C cashews, soaked 1-2 hrs., drained
1/2 t paprika (optional)
2 cloves garlic
1 t onion powder
1 – 3 T lemon juice (to taste)
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
2 T parsley, chopped (optional)
1 – 2 T water, as needed
Seas salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, save parsley (if used), in a blender or food processor.
- Process to a creamy consistency, adding water as necessary
- Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice, if necessary..
Refrigerate for up to 4 – 7 days