ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH SUGAR SNAP PEAS, ASPARAGUS
& PARMESAN “CHEEZE”
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 lb. sugar snap peas, stringed (or snow peas,)
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C nama shoyu
1/2 C parmesan cheeze (made without salt)
1 lg. zucchini, peeled
1/4 C pine nuts
1/4 C raw cashews, soaked for 1 hr., drained, and rinsed
½ sm clove garlic
2 T lemon juice
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Draw a julienne tool along the flat zucchini side to make “noodles”. (Alternatively, use a “spiralizer”, or, with a vegetable peeler, shave slices of the zucchini, then cut to noodle thickness with a knife)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine asparagus, sugar snap peas, zucchini pasta, olive oil, and nama shoyu, mixing well to coat the vegetables. Marinate for 1/2 – 1 hr.
- In the food processor, combine pine nuts, cashews, garlic, and lemon juice and blend to a fine paste.
- Mix a ingredients together thoroughly, and place bowl in dehydrator for 1 hr. at 110 degrees, to tenderize asparagus and sugar snap peas