What I ate tonight:
MY AMERICANIZED JAP CHAE WITH KELP NOODLES
1 pkg. (12 oz) kelp noodles
2 T sesame oil
3/4 C onions, thinly sliced, or minced
1 med. carrot, julienned
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 scallion, finely sliced
1/2 C shiitake mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced/julienned
1/2 lb spinach, washed, drained, and chopped
1 T vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 T sesame seeds
red pepper to taste*
1. Soak the kelp noodles for 10 minutes in cold water. Rinse, drain, and place in a large bowl. Cut noodles into shorter lengths.
2. Add sesame oil, onions, carrots, garlic, spinach, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper, and sesame seeds.
3. Toss to thoroughly coat noodles with sauce and oil and combine all ingredients.
4. Allow mixture to marinate for 20 mins., then place in dehydrator at 125 degrees for 20 mins., to soften the vegetables and noodles. (The noodles will not heat to 100 degrees in 20 minutes, but the vegetables will wilt and the noodles will become soft.
5. Remove from the dehydrator, toss again, and serve.
* I used some Chinese garlic-pepper sauce made with sesame oil and salt.