I decided to make something different and adventurous tonight (I’ve never made a stuffed tomato, so big adventure)
Both the stuffed tomatoes and the marinated cauliflower were a big hit with my non-raw room-mate — she even asked me for the recipes so she could make them for herself. Everything was very quick and easy to make, so I will probably do these again.
CASHEW/KALE PATE STUFFED TOMATOES
1 lg heirloom tomato, top cut off, and center carved out
1 C cashews, soaked and rinsed
1 C kale, torn into small pieces
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 – 2 T onion, coarsely chopped
1 – 2 T extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on inside of tomato. Set tomato aside.
- Process remaining ingredients in the food processor until creamy in consistency.
- Stuff tomato with cashew-kale mixture.
I cut the tomato in half and placed the halves on plates to serve
1/4 C cauliflower
1/4 C red bell pepper
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1/4 T apple cider vinegar
(optional) 1 t spice mix (I used a Moroccan spice blend)
- With a mandoline, thinly slice the cauliflower (I found that it is easier to slice the cauliflower from the flower end)
- Place the thin slices of cauliflower in a bowl and pour on marinade.
- Allow to marinade for 30 mins to 1 hr.
MOROCCAN SPICE BLEND
1 t ground cumin
1 t ground ginger
1 t garlic powder
1 t salt
1 t sesame seed, ground
3/4 t black pepper
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground coriander
1/2 t cayenne
1 t thyme
1 t turmeric
Mix all well. Store in airtight container.