developed from a recipe found at http://www.forovegetariano.org
1 lg. zucchini for each two people
1/2 sm carrot, peeled and grated
Clover sprouts (or alfalfa or fenugreek)
Agar agar (kanten), soaked and cut in strips (some people prefer to cut first, then soak, but the kanten will flake) Note: kanten is usually cheaper in Japanese and Chinese markets than is agar agar in health food markets!
1 – 2 leaves chicory, cut in strips (or any dark green leaf: spinach, turnip, collard, kale, etc).
2-3 nuts, chopped fine
1 dash lemon juice.
garlic powder, to taste, optional
onion powder, to taste, optional
Spike, to taste, optional
sea salt, to taste, optional
- Wash the zucchini and slice in half length-wise.
- Scoop out the seeds and some of the pulp from the middle of the zucchini, to make a “boat”
- In a bowl, combine the pulp and the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into the zucchini “hollows”.
- Serve as one long zucchini half, or cut stuffed zucchini into 1 – 2 in. pieces to serve.