I’ve decided to post these recipes in groups. Here are the blueberry recipes.
RAW BLUEBERRY PIE
1-1/2 C nuts and/or seeds (walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and/or pecans), soaked for 6 – 8 hrs.
1-1/2 C dried fruit (raisins, dates, etc.)
9-10 oz. blueberries
Sliced bananas (optional)
*Drain soaked nuts/seeds.
*Process nuts/seeds with dried fruit in a food processor with the S blade, until very fine. Process until the mixture forms a ball of dough.
*Press the dough into a pie plate.
*Process berries in the food processor until smooth.
*Taste. If the berry blend does not seem sweet enough, add a few raisins or dates (but not too many, as the crust is quite sweet on its own. The larger part of the berry mixture must be blueberries, in order for the pie filling to gel well.
*Pour filling into pie shell. Chill until firm.
OPTIONAL: layer the bottom with sliced bananas.
NOTE:: Do: do not use frozen berries– they will not gel.
BLUEBERRY FRUIT TART
1 pt blueberries
2/3 C banana
1-1/2 C dates, pitted and soaked
2 C walnuts, soaked 4-6 hrs.
1 T agave nectar (or honey
pinch sea salt
little coconut oil
1. In a food processor, process 1/2 C dates, walnuts, agave nectar (or honey), and sea salt until fine.
2. Use coconut oil to grease cup cake holder
3. Pat crust mixture into cup cake holders
1. Process remaining dates, banana, and 1/2 pt blueberries in a food processor until smooth.
2. In a bowl, combine blueberry/date/banana mix with whole blueberries.
3. Divide blueberry mix into individual crusts.
4- Chill for 2 hrs.
5. Carefully remove tarts from cupcake holder.
Quick, easy, delicious, and refreshing 3-ingredient dessert
1 pt blueberries
juice of 1/2 lemon
In a blender, puree blueberries, bananas, and lemon juice.
Remove to a bowl and chill until jelled.