I did not have much in the way of fresh food (like NONE) in the house tonight, owing to the fact that, until Thursday, I expected to be on the Master Cleanse for another 3 – 4 weeks.
Still, I was responsible for making a dinner that my SAD diet room-mate would gladly eat. Hmn… Creativity needed>
I do have a number of bags full of vegetables I have dehydrated over the winter, and some leftovers from the summer, so…..
- I dug out my last little bit of wakame (about 1/2 C) and soaked it.
- I soaked about 1/2 handful of dehydrated turnip.
- I ground up about a handful of dehydrated red bell pepper slices.
- I finely chopped 1/2 onion.
- I also soaked @ 1/2 C of dehydrated parsnips.
- I combined the wakame with the turnip and the bell pepper powder, and added some garlic powder, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar.
- To the parsnips, I added some olive oil and a little black pepper.
That was dinner. I found the wakame salad very filling and satisfying (such an interesting word – you know when you eat something and you *feel* like it is what you needed)
The parsnips were good… like rice…
I am going to take the leftovers to work tomorrow for lunch.