SPICY CORN RAW TORTILLA CHIPS
adapted from a recipe found on livemom.net
2 1/2 C flax seeds
1 C corn kernels
1/2 C sunflower seeds, soaked
2 t sesame seeds
2 T onion, minced
2 t garlic, minced (alt: 1 t garlic powder)
1 t paprika
1 t chili powder
1/2 t cayenne powder
pinch sea salt, or to taste
pinch white pepper
• Combine all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
• Add water as needed
• Taste and adjust seasoning..
• Spread mixture evenly to edges of dehydrator Teflex/Paraflex sheets (covers 3 to 4 trays)
• Score mixture on sheets with a spatula, to make cracker or chips in the size you want.
• Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour. Lower temperature to 110 degrees, and continue dehydrating for 6 hours .
• Remove trays from the dehydrator. Place a dehydrator screen over top of a tray of chips, and, place the plastic tray over it, and then flip. Remove top dehydrator tray, and peel off top Teflex/Paraflex sheet. Return trays to the dehydator.
• Continue dehydrating until chips are crisp.