RAW APPLESAUCE PIE
adapted from a recipe at http://www.avenaoriginals.com
These are all the ingredients needed for the crust and pie filling. (These items are listed again in the crust instructions and pie-filling instructions)
10 – 12 apples
1-3/4 C raw almonds
2-1/2 C Medjool dates
1 C raisins
1-3/4 C almonds, soaked
1 1/2 C Medjool dates, chopped
1 T water (or as needed)
1/2 t vanilla (optional)
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
• Drain almonds, and dehydrate for 1 hr. (or towel dry)
• Grind nuts evenly in the food processor
• Add dates to the processor and continue processing until finely ground. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and water as needed, and continue processing. Mixture should be a little damp, but must hold together.
• Press crust mixture into pie pan immediately.
• Dehydrate for 1 hour.
10-12 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
2 C Medjool dates, pitted, and soaked
1 C raisins, soaked and drained
2 t cinnamon
2 T psyllium
• Process first three ingredients through the Champion juicer, fitted with the blank, to make 6 C. If you do not come out with 6 C, process more apples. Place apple/date/raisin mixture in the food processor
• Add cinnamon and psyllium, and process well.
• Place applesauce mixture in pie shell immediately.
• Refrigerate covered.